Header Ads

Hockey is my love – Mandeep Singh





Mandeep Singh is an Indian professional field hockey player in the Indian national field hockey team. He made his debut for the Indian national field hockey team on 18th February 2013. Mandeep Singh has been awarded with Best Junior Player of the 2012–14 Men’s FIH Hockey World League Final (2014).

The talented youngster spoke in an interview.

HIL really helped Mandeep to grow as a player, from a semi-professional to professional at very young age, he has been learning from everyone around him and with foreign players around during the tournament it’s a golden chance for him to learn and get better, He said “Simon Child has been helping us train better at the front line and teaching us how to strategize moves to score. We made a really strong comeback in our last match with Ranchi Rays, I hope we finish well.”

It’s not like Mandeep Singh has only been learning from the foreign players but been giving them Hindi lessons as well, he made good friend with Simon Child and Mark Pearson. When asked, He said “Simon and Mark helped me improve my mistakes and in return i taught them how to say ‘Namaste’(Hello) and ‘Kya haal hain’(How are you) and few simple words.’

Talking about his personal life when we asked Mandeep if he have any girlfriend, he giggled and said “No, i don’t have a girlfriend but i do have a few female friends. I got a few proposal in the past but, I am too young and my main focus is on hockey,it is my love.”

Like most of the Delhi Waveriders, Mandeep Singh spoke about his stay in the capital. He spend his free time listening to songs, Gippy Grewal being his favorite singer, or eating. “I eat a lot of Tandoori Chicken when in Delhi, I also love eating Panipuri.” He said.

In the last match with Ranchi Rays, his hockey stick worked really well. Will he be able to score well in the upcoming match against Kalinga Lancers as well?


source:delhi-waveriders.in

No comments

loading...
Powered by Blogger.